Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/12 00:35:55 UTC

CouchDB Clients?

I'm working on blog post about CouchDB clients for different languages
and I was hoping to get some help from the crowd on this one.

What CouchDB clients are available for each language?
What ones are good and well supported?
Which ones are just plain aweful?
Which languages/platforms just have plain bad HTTP support?

The wiki covers about 10% of the clients out there so I figured it was
best to just ask everyone.

-Mikeal

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Göran Krampe <go...@krampe.se>.
On 06/17/2010 06:32 PM, Darius Clarke wrote:
> Smalltalk client can be found here:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@wOXBBCm9jf8QERvX/saVDgNZT
>
> <http://www.squeaksource.com/@wOXBBCm9jf8QERvX/saVDgNZT>

Well, those URLs may not work due to how SqueakSource works but these works:

http://www.squeaksource.com/SCouchDB.html   (straight over SocketStream)
http://www.squeaksource.com/CouchDB.html    (uses curl plugin)

They are different in style and both are... rudimentary, but works.

I was thinking of helping out with SCouchDB (and might do so) but have
now finally ended up getting way too interested in MongoDB, sorry :)

regards, Göran

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Darius Clarke <so...@gmail.com>.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com>

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on blog post about CouchDB clients for different languages
> and I was hoping to get some help from the crowd on this one.
>
> What CouchDB clients are available for each language?
> What ones are good and well supported?
> Which ones are just plain aweful?
> Which languages/platforms just have plain bad HTTP support?
>
> The wiki covers about 10% of the clients out there so I figured it was
> best to just ask everyone.
>
> -Mikeal

maintaining couchdbkit in python and couchbeam in erlang. both support
latest couchdb and couchdb 0.10 . couchapp also have a minimal client
embedded that support couchdb 0.10 & 0.11 .

benoit

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Göran Krampe <go...@krampe.se>.
On 06/12/2010 12:35 AM, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
> I'm working on blog post about CouchDB clients for different languages
> and I was hoping to get some help from the crowd on this one.
>
> What CouchDB clients are available for each language?
> What ones are good and well supported?
> Which ones are just plain aweful?
> Which languages/platforms just have plain bad HTTP support?

I wrote the Divan library for C# (for a customer) and now it has taken
on a "life of its own" with a couple of developers (including the
customer) moving it forward:

http://github.com/foretagsplatsen/Divan

So I would call it supported (but not mainly by me anymore) and I think
it is fairly good. But there doesn't seem to be many C# Couchers :).

regards, Göran

PS. Just put out an example project that I whipped up for a presentation
to show a bit more on how one can use Divan:
http://goran.krampe.se/deluxe.zip

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Cdr53x <cd...@free.fr>.
Hi ,

There is a number of couch wrappers for ruby.

The most usefull are :

- couchrest : basic "low level" API addressing thz couch server

- couch_potato : dociment oriented api, relies on couchrest for db
operations, provides support for using couchdb documents as model
entities (attributes, validations, callbacks )

- simplystored/couch : extends potatoe and provides extra validations
and a minimal relation support

All of these are hosted on github and available as ruby gems.

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Cdr53x <cd...@free.fr>.
Hi,

There ara also a couple of nice ruby frameworks addressing couch:

- couchrest : basic low level API addressing the couch db server

- couch_potato : a

RE: CouchDB Clients?

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Paweł Stawicki <pa...@gmail.com>.
I tried jcouchdb, jrelax and couchdb4j. All for Java. I like jcouchdb
most. jrelax is also ok, but with couchdb4j I was unable to get my
documents from database. It seems it is not developed any more.

regards
--
Paweł Stawicki
http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Rodrigo Moya <ro...@canonical.com>.

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by Rodrigo Moya <ro...@canonical.com>.

Re: CouchDB Clients?

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 17, 2010, at 12:21 PM, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:

> I'm the developer of a PHP library for CouchDB :
>
> http://github.com/dready92/PHP-on-Couch
>
> I implemented all CouchDB features but the "users management" part (that is not really clear enough for me). Alongside classic features, this library knows how to work with continuous changes feed (http://books.couchdb.org/relax/reference/change-notifications#Continuous Changes) , offering nice capabilities.

Awesome to see _changes support in PHP. Are people using it for chat apps?

Chris

> Regards,
>
> Mickael

Re: CouchDB Clients?