Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Carl McConnell <ca...@instantiations.com> on 2004/11/05 00:25:32 UTC

when/how does a ClientInitializer run?

Hi,

I get the exception below when I try to run the pet store sample in the
unusual circumstances I'll describe shortly. From the stack trace I infer
that SharedFlowClientInitializer didn't run, hence the question: how does
it normally get run? Of course, if I'm barking up the wrong tree here, let
me know.

The "unusual circumstances" are these: on the Eclipse Pollinate project,
we'd like to run the pet store sample using Pollinate, but Pollinate is not
yet to the point where it can correctly build controls or their clients. So
we're working around that limitation by manually adding the control
artifacts generated by the pet store build script: the
*ClientInitializer.java files, the *.controls.properties files, and the
org.apache.beehive.samples.petstore.**/*.class files. But I've apparently
overlooked something. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

         Carl McConnell
         Eclipse Pollinate project

java.lang.NullPointerException
at webappRoot.SharedFlow.onCreate(SharedFlow.java:73)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowManagedObject.create(PageFlowManagedObject.java:66)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.create(FlowController.java:539)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.getSharedFlow(FlowControllerFactory.java:427)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.getSharedFlow(FlowControllerFactory.java:179)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.getSharedFlowForRelativeURI(FlowControllerFactory.java:129)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.getSharedFlowForRequest(FlowControllerFactory.java:110)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.processInternal(PageFlowRequestProcessor.java:535)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.process(PageFlowRequestProcessor.java:702)
at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.process(AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:565)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)

Re: when/how does a ClientInitializer run?

Posted by Richard Feit <ri...@bea.com>.
Ahh... I'd looked at that line and wondered whether getAnnotation() was
returning null, but assumed it would have to have been a
classloader/classpath problem.  Didn't think of the non-retention
possibility.  Glad you identified the problem... let me know if this
looks like something sour in our code.

Rich

Posted by Carl McConnell <ca...@instantiations.com>.
Rich,

Posted by Carl McConnell <ca...@instantiations.com>.
Hi Rich,

Posted by Richard Feit <ri...@bea.com>.
Hi Carl,

Posted by Carl McConnell <ca...@instantiations.com>.

Posted by Richard Feit <ri...@bea.com>.

Posted by Carl McConnell <ca...@instantiations.com>.
Yet another tidbit: the Struts config files produced from Pollinate have
the line
       <set-property property="sharedFlowModules" value="" />
while the "real" ones produced by Beehive have
   <set-property property="sharedFlowModules" value="/-webappRoot" />
which suggests Pollinate is not doing something it should. (But even after
I edit the Pollinate config files to look the same, I still get the
exception(s) I described earlier.)

Posted by Carl McConnell <ca...@instantiations.com>.
Rich,

Posted by Richard Feit <ri...@bea.com>.