Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/17 14:03:14 UTC

Replace "Choose one" from DropDownChoice?

Hello, I understand that there must be a solution for this. I googled for some time and found one or two results that seem to match what I am looking but they did not answer my question. Tried myself, not successful. So I want to ask folks here. I have a form and it has a dropdown list. Here are my requirements:

1. Replace "Choose one" with a blank line

2. This blank line is the first option and it is always listed no matter whether a value is selected or not, no matter whether the form field of this dropdown list is required or not.

3. I am using ChoiceRenderer to convert between selection and objects.

4. This behavior is applicable to all DropDownChoice.

How can meet these requirement?

Thanks for your help!

Regards.

Re: Replace "Choose one" from DropDownChoice?

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
It's just a localization property <dropdownchoice-id>.null or
<dropdownchoice-id>.nullValid if that's what you want to change?

**
Martin

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Martin,

Very sorry for being confusing to you. Here is what I want:

I want blank line is always there, no matter whether a value is selected or not, no matter whether the field is required or not.

I am using ChoiceRenderer to convert a selected option to objects.

Thanks, David

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Martin,

Posted by Martin Phee <mp...@objectivearts.com>.

Re: SV: Replace "Choose one" from DropDownChoice?

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
I tried this one. It works. Summarized what I did based on input from folks here:

1. set null = "" in property file (remove "" properties file)

2. call setNullValid(true) on the DropDownChoice object.

Thanks for help!!!

Regards.

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
Also setNullValid(true) otherwise the blank option will disappear once you have made a choice or the model has a value.

- Tor I.

approach. The blank line in the dropdown list simply disappears. As I said in my requirements, I hope to have it there no matter whether a value is selected or not, no matter whether it is a required field or not.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Martin,