Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Knut Wannheden <kn...@apache.org> on 2005/08/26 12:33:00 UTC

karma request for commons sandbox

Hi all,

I'd like to get SVN commit karma for the Commons Sandbox. I'll be
helping out James Carman on the commons-proxy project.

TIA,

--knut

Re: karma request for commons sandbox

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/05, Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> On 8/29/05, Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/29/05, Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > One thing to double check is that you've got the repository checked
> > > out from the "https" version nof the URL -- the "http" version is for
> > > anonymous access, and doesn't allow updates (even for committers).
> > >

> > Yes, I checked that. Still didn't work for me. Anything else I could
> > have missed? I should also mention that I can successfully work on
> > another project (HiveMind) in the Apache SVN repository and I'm using
> > the exactly same configuration / URL there.
> >

> I still have the same problem. I suppose I haven't been added to the
> required SVN group yet:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ svngroups knut
> committers jakarta-hivemind
> -bash-2.05b$ svngroups jcarman
> jakarta-commons committers jakarta-hivemind
>
> Can someone help me out?

I would swear that I committed the change before, but I just looked, and it
wasn't there, so I've committed it again. Try now...

--
Martin Cooper

Cheers,

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On 8/29/05, Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On 8/27/05, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 8/26/05, Knut Wannheden <kn...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'd like to get SVN commit karma for the Commons Sandbox. I'll be
> > > helping out James Carman on the commons-proxy project.
> >
> > Done.
> >

> I just tried to commit some changes, but the authorization still
> fails. Is there anything else I have to do? (I have correctly set my
> password with svnpasswd.)

One thing to double check is that you've got the repository checked
out from the "https" version nof the URL -- the "http" version is for
anonymous access, and doesn't allow updates (even for committers).

> --knut

Craig

Re: karma request for commons sandbox

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.