Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Nate Drake <na...@evoxis.com> on 2003/08/24 22:06:28 UTC

HttpClient and JBoss 3.2.1

Hi,

I'm trying to use the latest HttpClient (2.0 RC1) with JBoss 3.2.1.  It
seems that JBoss is using an older version.  I'm not sure what version
it is.

Anyway, if I put the RC1 jar into JBoss's lib directory, and try to use
HttpClient in my app, I get NoClassDefFound for LogFactory (from
commons-logging).  Adding the commons-logging jar to JBoss's lib
directory doesn't solve the problem.

Is anyone successfully using the latest HttpClient with JBoss 3.2.1?

Thanks a lot!

Nate

Re: HttpClient and JBoss 3.2.1

Posted by Chad La Joie <cl...@vt.edu>.
Hey Nate,
	We use the latest HTTPClient with JBos 3.2.1 and have been for a while
(upgrading when new versions come out).  I placed ours in the global lib
directory, $JBOSS_HOME/lib and not in the server profile's lib directory
(for example $JBOSS_HOME/server/all/lib).  This seems to work fine and I
did not have to places the commons-logging jar in there as it does in
appear in the server profile's lib directory that we use.  You might try
that.  I wasn't sure which lib directory you were placing the jar into
from your note.

Nate Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the latest HttpClient (2.0 RC1) with JBoss 3.2.1.  It
> seems that JBoss is using an older version.  I'm not sure what version
> it is.
>
> Anyway, if I put the RC1 jar into JBoss's lib directory, and try to use
> HttpClient in my app, I get NoClassDefFound for LogFactory (from
> commons-logging).  Adding the commons-logging jar to JBoss's lib
> directory doesn't solve the problem.
>
> Is anyone successfully using the latest HttpClient with JBoss 3.2.1?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Nate

Chad La Joie
Project Manager                (540) 231-6853
Middleware Services            http://www.middleware.vt.edu

"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray"
	-Robert Ingersoll

Re: HttpClient and JBoss 3.2.1

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Nate,

HttpClient requires the commons-logging jar as well as the
commons-httpclient jar.  I suggest trying both jars in the same place.
Other than that you should probably talk with the JBoss folks.

Enjoy,

Mike