Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se> on 2018/09/01 08:51:28 UTC

Groovy 2.5.* missing in maven central & jcenter

Hello Groovy fans,

I’m using Groovy and want it to work on later JDKs than 1.8. Apparently that requires version 2.5 and up. The problem I’m finding is that this version is not downloadable by maven. It is not in maven central nor bintrays jcenter. Some files are actually downloaded: javadoc, groovydoc and sources! But no binary jars. It can clearly be seen here: http://jcenter.bintray.com/org/codehaus/groovy/groovy-all/2.5.2/

The same goes for 2.5.0 and 2.5.1.

Why is that ?

/Tommy

Re: Groovy 2.5.* missing in maven central & jcenter

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Depending on what you are trying to do, you might get some way with 2.4.x
on JDKs above 8 but 2.5 and 3 alphas have improvements and fixes in some
areas. You might still get certain currently benign warnings even with
those versions.

Re packaging, please read the info in the release notes about repackaging
due to JDK9+ modules:
http://groovy-lang.org/releasenotes/groovy-2.5.html

TL;DR: There is no longer a "fat" all jar just a "fat" all pom.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by "Nelson, Erick" <Er...@hdsupply.com>.
Groovy , since 2.5.* does not support the all version. You have to get it by module

https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.codehaus.groovy%20AND%20v:2.5.2

Erick Nelson
Senior Developer – IT
HD Supply Facilities Maintenance
(858) 740-6523

From: Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>
Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 1:51 AM
To: <us...@groovy.apache.org>
Subject: Groovy 2.5.* missing in maven central & jcenter

Hello Groovy fans,

I’m using Groovy and want it to work on later JDKs than 1.8. Apparently that requires version 2.5 and up. The problem I’m finding is that this version is not downloadable by maven. It is not in maven central nor bintrays jcenter. Some files are actually downloaded: javadoc, groovydoc and sources! But no binary jars. It can clearly be seen here: http://jcenter.bintray.com/org/codehaus/groovy/groovy-all/2.5.2/

The same goes for 2.5.0 and 2.5.1.

Why is that ?

/Tommy

--