Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Hanh Dao <ha...@acl.edu.au> on 2005/08/10 04:31:50 UTC

spamd failded to start after upgrade to version 3.0.4

After upgrading SpamAssassin from version 2.5x to 3.0.4 I can't start
spamassassin.  Error
[root@mail init.d]# ./spamassassin start
Starting spamd: The -a option has been removed.  Please look at the
use_auto_whitelist config option instead.
                                                           [FAILED]

I verify that the -a option is removed from /etc/init.d/spamassassin and
added the "use_auto_whitelist config option 1" in the
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.  However the problem persists.

Please help.
Hanh Dao

ACL Pty Limited

tel: +61 2 9025 4736

fax: +61 2 9252 3799

email: hanhd@acl.edu.au

internet: www.acl.edu.au

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information
that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or attachments.

immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this email and
any attachments are not those of ACL, except where the sender expressly, and
with authority, states them to represent ACLÂ’s views. Before opening any
attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Re: spamd failded to start after upgrade to version 3.0.4

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <ro...@earthlink.net>.
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:31:50PM +1000, Hanh Dao wrote:
> After upgrading SpamAssassin from version 2.5x to 3.0.4 I can't start
> spamassassin.  Error
> [root@mail init.d]# ./spamassassin start
> Starting spamd: The -a option has been removed.  Please look at the
> use_auto_whitelist config option instead.
>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> I verify that the -a option is removed from /etc/init.d/spamassassin and
> added the "use_auto_whitelist config option 1" in the
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.  However the problem persists.

There are two places where spamd options may be specified.  One is in
/etc/init.d/spamassassin and the other is in
/etc/sysconfig/spamassassin.  Check there.

> Please help.
> Hanh Dao
>
> ACL Pty Limited
>
> tel: +61 2 9025 4736