Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Neil Gunton <ne...@nilspace.com> on 2012/06/01 01:06:08 UTC

Re: Error reporting in Embperl 2.5.0_1

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for getting back. Basically I can have something as simple as
this, one line of code in index.html:

[- $x = 1; -]

Which simply produces the error:

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, neil@nilspace.com and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

[12542]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Compilation error

Apache Embperl 2.5.0_1 [Thu May 31 15:37:53 2012]

Now obviously this isn't the only code being executed here, there is
also base.epl and a whole bunch of other stuff that gets initialized on
my website, but that one line is all it takes to make the error
manifest. I guess I must have 'strict' defined somewhere, because the
above error is just a missing 'my' (if I put 'my' then the error goes
away). The Embperl-specific config in my httpd_perl.conf is as follows:

EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
EMBPERL_MAILHOST spidey.nilspace.com
EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK /www/errors/404.html
EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no
EMBPERL_LOG /tmp/embperl.log

There's a lot of other stuff going on here, startup.pl etc, but maybe
there is something fundamental in EMBPERL_DEBUG or EMBPERL_OPTIONS that
could be causing this (or a different setting that might shed light on
what's happening)? Let me know...

Thanks again,

Neil

Posted by Neil Gunton <ne...@nilspace.com>.
Ok, this is weird. When I try executing the same file now, just the way
it was before (without your suggestion), now it doesn't give the error.
I have tried restarting apache, clearing both the browser and apache
caches, but it works every time. Bizarre. I'll wait a bit and see if I
can reproduce it again.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion - if I can get back to reliably
reproducing the error, then I will give it a try.

Neil