Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ja...@exigengroup.lv on 2003/09/04 09:09:18 UTC

Re: deployment problems in tomcat 4.1.27

You have to configure server.xml file

There are 2 things

1) <host> which defines your docBase
2) <context> which defines different contexts
See apache.org for the tag specifications
Living things are systems that tend to respond to changes in their
environment,
and inside themselves, in such a way as to promote their own continuation.

Janis Olekss
Exigen Latvia System Analyst
(Office) +371 7072900
(Cell) +371 9136267

"Shailesh Modi" <sh...@cisco.com>
09/04/2003 10:12
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        deployment problems in tomcat 4.1.27

Hi,
  I am trying to deploy my web application in tomcat 4.1.27, earlier
tomcat
3 was successfully running my web-app.

1. basic problem - I want to set my web-app context as "/remind/cafe/"
(e.g. http://server:port/remind/cafe/index.do) but tomcat 4.1.27 asks me to
put my web-app war file into webapps folder where i cant set my own
context.
Actually i dont know how to set my own context in tomcat 4.1.27.
I want to place my web-app files in my devlopment folders and run
application from there itself by tomcat 4.1.27 .

2. I have some config property files into my WEB-INF/properties folder. Do
have to place these files into WEB-INF/lib folder so that they can be
accessible by my servlet at application startup Or is there any way where
these files can be picked up from properties folder itself.?

Any pointers would greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Shailesh Modi

RE: deployment problems in tomcat 4.1.27

Posted by Shailesh Modi <sh...@cisco.com>.
Thanks Janis, it was great help.
 I am having another problem regarding classpath of tomcat.
 My application property files and oracle classes (classes12.zip) are not
being picked up, when tomcat deploys my web app. my properties files are in
/WEB-INF/properties folder and classes12.zip is in /WEB-INF/lib folder.
 I have tried putting classes12.zip in Tomcat's %CATALINA_HOME%/common/lib
and my properties files in /WEB-INF/lib directory, but no help.
 At application startup , I am loading my properties file as
 InputStream myStream =
ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream("framework.properties");

But myStream is getting null. This code was working fine in tomcat 3 (as we
used to specify classpath to tomcat startup for properties files, jars and
other shared libs) but not working in tomcat 4.1.27 .

Thanks a lot.

Shailesh