Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by 821MARK <82...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/26 01:31:22 UTC

Re: Reading data/Writing data to an external file, writing 'notes' within JMeter?

1) How/what would you need to use to execute this log() function? i.e. from
the JMeter manual, it says functions can be invoked within any Configuration
Element, or Sampler element. How/what the heck do I do to log "Hello World"
to std.err? to std.out?

On 8/30/05, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
  > 2) How can I *write* specific data to an external file?
> - I'd like to use a RegEx post-processor, and rip out a
> transaction/confirmation ID from the HTML, and output it to a file...
> Example: I'd like a list that has: 123, 456,789,... Which is my list of
> transaction IDs... so that I can manually check them by hand later...

The __log[n]() function can write to jmeter.log, stdout or stderr.

If you include a marker string within the text, it would be easy
enough to extract this information from jmeter.log using grep, perl
etc.

Re: Reading data/Writing data to an external file, writing 'notes' within JMeter?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Add a call to the logn function:

${__logn(Hello World,ERR)}
or