Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Gupta, Sumit" <su...@citigroup.com> on 2004/05/03 19:53:00 UTC

test execution in browser

Hi,

I am using cactus to generate HTML report for my testsuite. I am using

http://server:port/mywebapp/ServletTestRunner?suite=MyTestLoader

to run my testcases from browser. Actually, I have made a program (MyTestLoader)that dynamically looks for the test cases in a specified directory of my Web Application, loads them and execute them using the above URL. The main testcase (MyTestLoader) contains a suite() method that dynamically adds all the test cases found. Now, the problem is that I am not getting the name of the testcases I am executing. The above URL generates an XML file that contains all the test methods under a node <testsuite>. Is it a way where I can generate an XML having different Test cases under different nodes? (So that a user can identify, which test method belong to which test case?)

Thanks,

Sumit

RE: test execution in browser

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Sumit,

I remember a discussion about this not long ago on this list (can't
remember the thread name but someone else had a need for this too). The
XML is generated in the
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/api/framework-13/org/apache/cactus/inte
rnal/server/runner/XMLFormatter.html class. Feel free to provide a
patch. Please also open a JIRA issue.

Thanks
-Vincent