Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Josef Ludvíček <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/20 15:39:49 UTC

Camel component for Government system XY

Hello Camel users,

I'd like to ask if you're aware of any camel component for any Country
specific governmnet system.

I'm working on componnet for ISDS (Informacni System Datovych Schranek) run
by Czech Government. Source here [1].
Wery short description - ISDS is kind of e-mail. It can send and receive
messages.
But it's government project so it has something "special" - it's API is
implemented via SOAP

So far I created github group for similar projects and plan is to spin up
Travis CI and build artifacts to maven central once it's ready.

My question is:
1) does it make sense to try to merge component directly into camel sources
?
    - I hope there will more components for other Czech government systems
in the future

2) Are there similar projects to support eGovernment in camel in Czech or
other countries?

PS: There is still plenty of work to be done on component but any feedback,
help or pull request is highly appreciated :)

Thanks for any weedback.

Have great weekend!

--
Josef Ludvicek

[1] https://github.com/czgov/camel-isds

Re: Camel component for Government system XY

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
1) I would think it is better to create a separate component if it is a
specific system you are creating this for. Makes it easier for others to
use.
2) I am not sure for Camel specifically but usually government systems have
APIs which theY expose and you integrate to them via their API.