Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com> on 2003/11/20 17:07:50 UTC

Fruits of your help

Thanks to all on this list that helped me with my
JSP/Servlet/Struts/Tiles issues ... the fruit of your help is now live
(under a MUCH accelerated schedule and not nearly enough time for QA/QC,
but what's new?)

http://www.fiskars.com/

If the first thing you see isn't a Flash movie, and the home page isn't
distinctively orange, then you're probably seeing the old site because
of DNS propagation delays.

This site makes use of heavy internationalization, is almost entirely
Tiles driven from tiles-defs.xml, only a handful of pages still use the
Struts ForwardAction to an actual .jsp file. A lot of XML on the
backend, loaded & parsed into application context for optimization,
iBATIS access to a MySQL database (transparent to the application, our
testing servers connect directly to an AS/400 DB2 instance - thank you
iBATIS!), and of course, Struts/Tiles/JSTL used throughout.

I couldn't have done it without this list's help ... thank you again!!

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

Re: Fruits of your help

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll get this into our issue tracker :)

Btw, in case anyone's interested - this site deploys as an 80.0MB WAR
file ... wow! All managed under CVS using Eclipse and Dreamweaver MX 2004.

Re: Fruits of your help

Posted by Carl <mu...@altern.org>.