Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2004/07/12 11:49:34 UTC

Re: svn commit: r10182 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_repos

lundblad@tigris.org writes:
> +/** Retrieve a subset of the interesting revisions of a file @a path in
> + * @a repos as seen in revision @a end.  Invoke @a handler with
> + * @a handler_baton as its first argument for each such revision.
> + * @a pool is used for all allocations.
> + *
> + * If there is an interesting revision of the file that is less than or
> + * equal to start, the iteration will start at that revision.  Else, the
> + * iteration will start at the first revision of the file in the  \
  repository,
> + * which has to be less than or equal to end.  Note that if the function
> + * succeeds, @a handler will have been called at least once.
> + *
> + * In a series of calls, the file contents for the first \
  interesting revision
> + * will be provided as a text delta against the empty file.  In the \
  following
> + * calls, the delta will be against the contents for the previous call. */

In this doc string for svn_repos_get_file_revs(), it seems that the
word "interesting" is being used in some technical sense, but it is
never explained.  Might want to define "interesting" here...

-Karl

Re: svn commit: r10182 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_repos

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se> writes:
> Yes. Adding to my TODO... It is the same sense as for svn_fs_history. Can
> I refer to that function or should the doc for each library stand on its
> own?

Referring is preferable, I think, so we don't have to maintain the
same data twice.

Re: svn commit: r10182 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_repos

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> lundblad@tigris.org writes:
> > +/** Retrieve a subset of the interesting revisions of a file @a path in
> > + * @a repos as seen in revision @a end.  Invoke @a handler with
> > + * @a handler_baton as its first argument for each such revision.
> > + * @a pool is used for all allocations.
> > + *
> > + * If there is an interesting revision of the file that is less than or
> > + * equal to start, the iteration will start at that revision.  Else, the
> > + * iteration will start at the first revision of the file in the  \
>   repository,
> > + * which has to be less than or equal to end.  Note that if the function
> > + * succeeds, @a handler will have been called at least once.
> > + *
> > + * In a series of calls, the file contents for the first \
>   interesting revision
> > + * will be provided as a text delta against the empty file.  In the \
>   following
> > + * calls, the delta will be against the contents for the previous call. */
>
> In this doc string for svn_repos_get_file_revs(), it seems that the
> word "interesting" is being used in some technical sense, but it is
> never explained.  Might want to define "interesting" here...

Yes. Adding to my TODO... It is the same sense as for svn_fs_history. Can
I refer to that function or should the doc for each library stand on its
own?

Thansk for noticing
///Peter