Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eric Wright <ew...@VividSolutions.com> on 2002/08/20 20:57:08 UTC

Tomcat Task?

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there is a task that will allow me to launch an instance of
Tomcat similar to wlrun.

Thank you

Eric W.

Re: Tomcat Task?

Posted by Themba Mbatha <th...@discoveryhealth.co.za>.
Here's what I wrote a few days ago. It basically invokes the main method
of Bootstrap class found in the bin directory. I plan to use the
imbedded version over the coming weekend (I can give it to if you are
interested) so that I can configure catalina (Tomcat-4.x.x) inside the
build file.

It starts tomcat on a separate thread, you can easily modify this. I
tried using the java task to start catalina but the bootstrap failed to
load the jar files required to run it. Funny thing is that it works fine
when I'm shutting it down.

Re: Tomcat Task?

Posted by Jeremiah Jahn <je...@goodinassociates.com>.
catalina-ant.jar in the tomcat4 distribution allows you to interact with
the manager webapp. Reloading, deploying, and removing apps from a
tomcat install. I've used it with pretty good luck.

-jj-

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 14:07, Matt Benson wrote:
> <java> ?
>
> -Matt
>
> --- Eric Wright <ew...@VividSolutions.com> wrote:
> > Good afternoon,
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a task that will allow
> > me to launch an instance of
> > Tomcat similar to wlrun.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Eric W.
> >

> > --
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw a lot of
rubbish into it.
		-- William Orton

Re: Tomcat Task?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.