Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by "Naser, Moneer" <mo...@sap.com> on 2016/04/21 10:53:37 UTC

Serving olingo2 and olingo4 from the same WAR

Hi,
I want to serve OData from a WAR hosting both Olingo libraries 2 and 4 (Originally I was working with Olingo 4, but now, I need to support SAP UI5 (supporting OData 2 only), which forced me to use Olingo 2 as well).
There will be 2 endpoints (servlets), one for each.
Is it a good idea?
Any know conflicts on this approach?

Thanks,
Moneer

RE: Serving olingo2 and olingo4 from the same WAR

Posted by Erwan LETESSIER <Er...@ingenico.com>.
Hi,
I had a quick look in Odata v2 javadoc, base package is org.apache.olingo.odata2  while it is org.apache.olingo for V4, then name shadowing should not be an issue.
But I would not tempt fate playing with classpath and keep it simple: deploy 2 WARs and put all mutual code into a separated jar dependency (just like libs).

Erwan

I want to serve OData from a WAR hosting both Olingo libraries 2 and 4 (Originally I was working with Olingo 4, but now, I need to support SAP UI5 (supporting OData 2 only), which forced me to use Olingo 2 as well).
There will be 2 endpoints (servlets), one for each.
Is it a good idea?
Any know conflicts on this approach?

Thanks,
Moneer

This email and its content belong to Ingenico Group. The enclosed information is confidential and may not be disclosed to any unauthorized person. If you have received it by mistake do not forward it and delete it from your system. Cet email et son contenu sont la propriété du Groupe Ingenico. L’information qu’il contient est confidentielle et ne peut être communiquée à des personnes non autorisées. Si vous l’avez reçu par erreur ne le transférez pas et supprimez-le.