Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Hsuan Lee <hs...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/29 06:41:31 UTC

Zeppelin Front-end rework

Hi, Zeppelin Team

We created a proposal to rework the front end using latest Angular (8.0)
ZEPPELIN-4321 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-4321#>

We have made the repo public, this is the link
<https://github.com/zeppelin-next/zeppelin-frontend-next>.

Most of the features have been completed, and we try our best to keep the
compatibility with old API as much as possible.

The frontend angular API has broke change and Helium is working in progress.

You can follow the steps to make it working.

   1. Clone the repo $ git clone
   https://github.com/zeppelin-next/zeppelin-frontend-next.git.
   2. Start Zeppelin server.
   3. Create .env file in zeppelin-frontend-next folder, fill your zeppelin
   server address as following format.

   SERVER_PROXY=http://localhost:8080

   4. Run npm start to start dev server and navigate to
   http://localhost:4200.

It will auto proxy zeppelin-server from the SERVER_PROXY to localhost:4200.

I and  @vthinkxie@gmail.com <vt...@gmail.com>  will continue to work
for this, Hope to get feedback and contribute.

Please keep the discussion here, in the mailing list.

Looking forward to your opinions, any feedbacks are welcome.

Re: Zeppelin Front-end rework

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Wow!! Looks great!!

Thank you so much