Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Haggai Roitman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/04 15:13:58 UTC

Does Hive support HBase (like) column based storage?

Hi to all Hivers out there!

Does Hive currently support column-based storage?
For example, can we use HBase tables as Hive table inputs for HQL?

Thanks in advance,

Haggai

Re: Does Hive support HBase (like) column based storage?

Posted by He Yongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn>.
> Does Hive currently support column-based storage?
Y, hive support column-based storage. RCFile. You can create a table using
command like :
Create table tbl(cols) .... stored as RCFile
to try Hive's column storage.

> For example, can we use HBase tables as Hive table inputs for HQL?
Right now, Hive does not support it, but is working on it. See
Please feel free to add your comment on the jira page.