Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <je...@wantedanalytics.com> on 2014/01/31 21:25:14 UTC

Using storm-signals with a Trident Topology

Hi all,

Some bolts in our topology depend on external third party web service that show an error rate high-enough (from time to time) to force us to pause the topology until the server recovers... I found the project storm-signals which let topology elements talk to each other and thought that it was worth a try. I put the system in place and it seems to work for the first message.

What I did is that the very first instruction from my Bolts consist of sending a simple "hello from bolt X" to the spout. The first bolt sends its message and the spout`s callback function is called as expected. However, all other messages are lost. Anybody experienced this? Is storm-signals mature enough for production use?

Thanks