Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Raja Kannappan <RK...@axioma.com> on 2011/02/25 00:42:14 UTC

Getting substring of ArtifactId

Hi,

I need to have a maven property (say myArtifactId) which gives me a substring of artifactId and then I need to use this maven property (myArtifactId) later on in another plugin execution.
I tried using gmaven plugin and I was able to extract and print the substring but I could not update the property value with this new substring value.

All I need is to get a substring of artifactId and use it in another plugins's execution. Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks,

- Raja.

Re: Getting substring of ArtifactId

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> All I need is to get a substring of artifactId and use it in another plugins's execution. Any idea on how to do this?

For what purpose...? You should probably just put the substring
directly into its own property, and use that in the various places
where you need it.

Wayne