Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by callista <ca...@simecity.com> on 2001/03/27 13:50:23 UTC

When does a SAXParser/XMLParser notify and error/warning/fatal error?

This is kind of urgent.

I was wondering if anyone knows when a SAXParser or XMLParser notifies the
error/warning/fatalerror methods of the ErrorHandler. I thought that when
an xml page does not fulfill the syntax of a dtd it would generate an error
for example when an attribute defined as #REQUIRED but is not specified in
the xml. Somehow, my program can't seem to be able to catch this error.

How do I go about this? I need to make sure that everything that has been
defined as #REQUIRED in the dtd is infact specified in the xml being parsed
and throws an error if it's not.

Thanks.

Callista Chuah