Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Todd Patrick <To...@dtn.com> on 2006/05/05 06:54:50 UTC

How can *jsf be used in a servlet-mapping URL?

Anytime I've tried to use *jsf in my url-pattern value:

<servlet>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I've seen this example several places, do I need to name my files with a
*.jsf extension?

How would using this url-pattern affect the following filter definition,
would I change the url-pattern to *.jsf for MyFacesExtensionsFilter as
well?

<filter>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
        <param-value>20m</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<url-pattern>/transactionbrowser/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern

</filter-mapping>

Thanks,

--Todd