Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Neil Lott <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/19 23:32:34 UTC

how to retrieve artifact?

I have a module that publishes two artifacts to a local repository.

I'd like to deliver those to two different deployment directories.
How do I have an ant property set with their location in ivy's cache
so i can copy them to where I need to?

Thanks,

Neil

RE: how to retrieve artifact?

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.

Have you tried using <ivy:publish> and specifying different resolvers
(which you defined in your ivysettings.xml file)  ?

Alternatively... in my case, I prefer not to rely on ivy's cache.  I use
a local filesystem resolver and publish every artifact there as soon as
it is built, then for central staging I use <ivy:install> to install it
in the resolver of my choice.   This might seem a little paranoid, but
since I don't control or totally understand the internals of ivy cache,
I try not to rely on it more than necessary, and I clean it after every
build.  Let ivy use its cache for its own purposes, and I use my local
repository for my own needs.