Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/02/02 21:17:42 UTC

RE: cvs commit: incubator/site/projects gump.cwiki

> Seems like Gump will be going TLP. I am just going to unofficially start
> incubation while votes take place, procedures are hammered out, etc etc.

Projects being promoted to TLP don't have to go through the Incubator.

	--- Noel

Re: cvs commit: incubator/site/projects gump.cwiki

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
> Normative material seems to indicate otherwise. Reference?

Moving an Apache project to TLP is a decision by the board.  They
might ask incubator to help do something, but they haven't yet.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: incubator/site/projects gump.cwiki

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>>Projects being promoted to TLP don't have to go through the Incubator.
>>
>>Normative material seems to indicate otherwise. Reference?
>
> What normative material?

I took a look at the website and the policies on it. I guess we need to
make the policy a little more clear. For people like me, who don't read
the front page.

> The Incubator addresses externally developed
> codebases and communities.  How does that apply to Gump?

it doesn't, obviously. But I didn't bother to read the front page, and
jumped right to policy descriptions. Second time you make me say "duh!"
within the hour dude! I must be losing grips on the real world. Sleep
deprivation.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

RE: cvs commit: incubator/site/projects gump.cwiki

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>>Seems like Gump will be going TLP. I am just going to unofficially start
>>>incubation while votes take place, procedures are hammered out, etc etc.
>> Projects being promoted to TLP don't have to go through the Incubator.
> Normative material seems to indicate otherwise. Reference?

What normative material?  The Incubator addresses externally developed

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Seems like Gump will be going TLP. I am just going to unofficially start
>>incubation while votes take place, procedures are hammered out, etc etc.
>
> Projects being promoted to TLP don't have to go through the Incubator.

Normative material seems to indicate otherwise. Reference?

IMV, it doesn't matter *that* much...I estimated incubation of gump will
incur a burden of roughly 2-5 hours of my time if we all keep a
pragmatic attitude. Which is okay. I further estimated taking a lot of
time discussing what is actually appropriate will add up to in the end
cost more hours (invested by various people, including me) than just
taking care of the paperwork. And that kind of discussion is less fun
than paperwork, imnsho :D

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons