Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Taylor <mt...@txesystems.com> on 2005/06/17 06:55:48 UTC

Reloading properties in JSTL?

All,

I'm using Struts-EL and JSTL.  I've got a custom MessageResources class
that detects changes to the underlying property file or input stream (if
the JAR was updated) and automatically flushes it's cache.  I'm trying
to figure out how to reset the cached information in the JSTL
localization context now.  I've tried changing the bundle name with Context
Michael Taylor
TXE Systems, Inc.
mtaylor@txesystems.com

Re: Reloading properties in JSTL?

Posted by Michael Taylor <mt...@txesystems.com>.
Sorry for the missend.  As I said in the last email, I'm using Struts-EL
and JSTL.  I've got a custom MessageResources class that detects changes
to the underlying property file or input stream (if the JAR was updated)
and automatically flushes it's cache.  I'm trying to figure out how to
reset the cached information in the JSTL localization context now.  I've
tried changing the bundle name with Context using this:

        String oldValue = (String)Config.get(session,
Config.FMT_LOCALIZATION_CONTEXT);
        Config.set(session, Config.FMT_LOCALIZATION_CONTEXT, "");
        Config.set(session, Config.FMT_LOCALIZATION_CONTEXT, oldValue);

It didn't cause a reload.  I'm running under JBoss 4.0.1sp1.  Any help
in flushing the properties would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike