Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Rogers Cadenhead <rc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/09 19:23:42 UTC

IRI Support in Java 6

I'm just getting into Abdera, so apologies if this is
old news, but one of the new features in java.net in
Java 6 is Internationalized Resource Identifiers
support:

http://masl.to/?O1313265E

Java 6 is at beta 2 release and expected to come out
in the next couple months.

Re: IRI Support in Java 6

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 12/9/06, James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears that there is a class for handling IDN's and it's entirely
> possible that the existing URI class has been or will be updated to
> support IRI syntax.  I have no idea.  Either way it's not much help
> given that we need to support JDK 1.4.2 and Java 1.5 environments.  If
> Java6 does end up shipping with IRI support, when the time is
> appropriate we can update our stuff to use it if the user is running a
> Java6 JVM.

Extremely good point! And the Woden podling would also want an IRI
implementation that is supported on Java 1.4.2 and Java 5

> - James

Cheers,
Jeremy

Re: IRI Support in Java 6