Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/12 04:03:56 UTC

Root level mediators in the synapse configuration

Folks,

For the moment you could have mediator configurations in the root definition
tag, which will be treated as the main sequence. This configuration is a bit
ambiguous, if there is other sequences and so forth.

So, as a part of the schema building I am going to disable the ability to
have mediators in the root level from the 2.0 release on wards (i.e. I a
going to do this change on the trunk), if you have any concerns on this
please speak up.

Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton
Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

phone: +1 408 754 7388 ext 51789
email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
blog: http://blog.ruwan.org
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ruwanlinton
google: http://www.google.com/profiles/ruwan.linton
tweet: http://twitter.com/ruwanlinton

Re: Root level mediators in the synapse configuration

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> For the moment you could have mediator configurations in the root
> definition
> tag, which will be treated as the main sequence. This configuration is a
> bit
> ambiguous, if there is other sequences and so forth.
>
> So, as a part of the schema building I am going to disable the ability to
> have mediators in the root level from the 2.0 release on wards (i.e. I a
> going to do this change on the trunk), if you have any concerns on this
> please speak up.

+1 to the change. This is often causing confusion than providing the
expected simplicity.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Ruwan
>
> --
> Ruwan Linton
> Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.org
>
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>
> phone: +1 408 754 7388 ext 51789
> email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
> blog: http://blog.ruwan.org
> linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ruwanlinton
> google: http://www.google.com/profiles/ruwan.linton
> tweet: http://twitter.com/ruwanlinton

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Senior Software Engineer;

Re: Root level mediators in the synapse configuration

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

I have updated the migration tool to cater this, and the next step is to run
all the sample configurations via the migration tool and generate the new
sample configurations.

After doing that I will change the code to get rid of the root level
mediator list treated as the main sequence.

Thanks,
Ruwan

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tech Lead, WSO2 Inc
http://wso2.org

Re: Root level mediators in the synapse configuration

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tech Lead, WSO2 Inc
http://wso2.org

Re: Root level mediators in the synapse configuration

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Heshan Suriyaarachchi <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the proposed change.