Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Kranti Parisa <kr...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 03:42:59 UTC

Join Queries Scores broken?

Hi,

I am trying to score/rank the results based on the boosting values
specified with the Join queries.

Example:
http://localhost:8983/solr/masterCore/select?q=a*&fq=(({!join
fromIndex=childCore1
from=parentId to=id v=$subQ1}) OR ({!join fromIndex=childCore2
from=authorId to=id
v=$subQ2}))&subQ1=(name:xyz^100)&subQ2=(author:xyz)&fl=id,score

So the matching documents from first join query should be getting higher
score than the ones from the second join query.

But it is not working as expected, do I need to specify any other
parameters? if it's an issue, shall I create a Jira ticket?
Thanks & Regards,
Kranti K Parisa
http://www.linkedin.com/in/krantiparisa

Re: Join Queries Scores broken?

Posted by Kranti Parisa <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Initially I posted it on solr-user list and didn't get any reply.
I shall try your approach.

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
Hi Kranti,

 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book