Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2021/06/17 08:04:27 UTC

CMS removals of Sqoop and Metamodel

Hi All,

Both Sqoop and Metamodel were projects still on the CMS and were slated for migration.
This is no longer happening, but we would still want to get them 'off of the CMS'.

Steps to be taken are :-

1. Remove both entries from cms.conf [1]
2. svn mv their generated site content output from [2] to [3]
3. Update their svnpubsub.conf entry in relation to step 2 [4] - (from CMS to SITES)
4. A teardown of their CMS site at [5]

I believe you don't need access to their site source any longer to mark their websites as being
in the Attic but rather use a control file/dir ?

If no objections I'd like to get this done in the next day or two.

Thanks!

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster/master1/projects/cms.conf
[2] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/[metamodel | sqoop]/content/
[3] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/sites/[metamodel | sqoop]
[4] - https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-p6/blob/production/modules/svnwcsub/files/svnwcsub.conf
[5] - https://cms.apache.org/[metamodel | sqoop]/

Re: CMS removals of Sqoop and Metamodel

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 2021/06/17 11:48:00, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 at 11:30, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 at 09:04, Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Both Sqoop and Metamodel were projects still on the CMS and were slated for migration.
> > > This is no longer happening, but we would still want to get them 'off of the CMS'.
> > >
> > > Steps to be taken are :-
> > >
> > > 1. Remove both entries from cms.conf [1]
> > > 2. svn mv their generated site content output from [2] to [3]
> > > 3. Update their svnpubsub.conf entry in relation to step 2 [4] - (from CMS to SITES)
> > > 4. A teardown of their CMS site at [5]
> > >
> > > I believe you don't need access to their site source any longer to mark their websites as being
> > > in the Attic but rather use a control file/dir ?
> >
> > Yes, that works the same as for non-CMS sites.
> >
> > > If no objections I'd like to get this done in the next day or two.
> >
> > I can make a start later today.
>
> I've done 1,2, and 3.

Perfect, thanks !

> I've no idea what is involved in the teardown of the CMS site, and I
> think it is outside the scope of Attic anyway.

Right, thats an infra root task only, I have gone ahead and removed both.

Thanks for doing the other tasks.

Gav...

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.