Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "ypeng@t-online.de" <yp...@t-online.de> on 2022/12/24 05:56:32 UTC

Make Hive 3.1 and Hadoop 3.3 work in the same node

Hello,

Hive 3.1 requires java 8 to work.
While most other Hadoop ecosystem including Hadoop 3.3, Spark 3.3, Kafka 3.3 seem require java 11.
I have all of them installed in the same system to work together.
This is how I did,

https://blog.crypt.pw/How-to-run-Hadoop-3.3-and-Hive-3.1-in-same-node

Hope it also helps to you too.

Thanks.

Re: Make Hive 3.1 and Hadoop 3.3 work in the same node

Posted by Pau Tallada <ta...@pic.es>.
Yes, I can confirm we are running an entire cluster of recent Hadoop
components, all with jdk8 :)

Missatge de Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com> del dia ds., 24 de des. 2022
a les 15:54:

--
----------------------------------
Pau Tallada Crespí

AW: Make Hive 3.1 and Hadoop 3.3 work in the same node

Posted by "ypeng@t-online.de" <yp...@t-online.de>.
That sounds strange. When my Hadoop 3.3.4 uses Java 8 then m/r jobs don't
work so Hive throw an exception.
After I change to Java 11 for Hadoop they work right now.
That's to say, I am using Java 11 for Hadoop 3.3.4, and Java 8 for Hive
3.1, on the same node.

Regards

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: Make Hive 3.1 and Hadoop 3.3 work in the same node