Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2004/10/12 19:42:12 UTC

Multiple Versions of an Artifact

	Is it possible to force maven to download multiple versions of a
dependency artifact?  I tried listing multiple dependencies with the same
group/artifact but different versions, and on dependency with multiple
version elements, and in either case it would only download one version of
the dependency.

	I realize this is kind of a weird requirement, but we're trying to
set up a script to download all of the dependencies for a number of
projects and plugins at once, and the plugins in particular depend on
several different versions of the same Jelly tags, etc.

Thanks,
	Aaron

Re: Multiple Versions of an Artifact

Posted by "Craig S. Cottingham" <cr...@cottingham.net>.
On Oct 12, 2004, at 12:42, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Is it possible to force maven to download multiple versions of a
> dependency artifact?  I tried listing multiple dependencies with the
> same
> group/artifact but different versions, and on dependency with multiple
> version elements, and in either case it would only download one
> version of
> the dependency.
>
> 	I realize this is kind of a weird requirement, but we're trying to
> set up a script to download all of the dependencies for a number of
> projects and plugins at once, and the plugins in particular depend on
> several different versions of the same Jelly tags, etc.

If you're not set on Maven doing the heavy lifting, I'd suggest doing
it with a separate script. For example, I think this would be a
relative piece of cake for Perl and its XML::LibXML package; I suspect
just about any other scripting language would prove just as easy.

Contact me off-list if you want me to go into more detail.

--
Craig S. Cottingham
craig@cottingham.net