Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by devnull <ji...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/12 23:37:47 UTC

Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

Does ActiveMQ have something between persistent and non persistent messages?
E.g.: messages are sent to the broker's memory and are lazily written to
disk if they start to overflow memory?

Ideally the behavior I'm looking for is the speed of nonpersistent messages
but if the consumers get backed up that most of the messages are logged to
disk, if a crash occurs I lose whatever was in memory but the overflow on
disk gets reloaded back into ram to be processed by the consumers.

thanks

Re: Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

Posted by devnull <ji...@gmail.com>.
thanks Dejan, that worked perfect :)

Re: Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

this is a JMS client feature. Stomp commands are always sent
asynchronously. You can generally instruct the broker to send receipts
for the received frames with RECEIPT header
(http://stomp.github.com/stomp-specification-1-1.html#receipt)

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac