Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish Bisht <bi...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/04 05:54:08 UTC

Re: Solr relevancy score different on replicated nodes

Thanks Erick and everyone.We are checking on stats cache.

I noticed stats skew again and optimized the index to correct the same.As
per the documents.

https://lucidworks.com/2017/10/13/segment-merging-deleted-documents-optimize-may-bad/
and
https://lucidworks.com/2018/06/20/solr-and-optimizing-your-index-take-ii/

wanted to check on below points considering we want stats skew to be
corrected.

1.When optimized single segment won't be natural merged easily.As we might
be doing manual optimize every time,what I visualize is at a certain point
in future we might be having a single large segment.What impact this large
segment is going to have?
Our index ~30k documents i.e files with content(Segment size <1Gb as of now)

1.Do you recommend going for optimize in these situations?Probably it will
be done only when stats skew.Is it safe?

Regards
Ashish

Re: Solr relevancy score different on replicated nodes

Posted by Aman Tandon <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erick for your suggestions and time.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You really only have four

Posted by Aman Tandon <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,