Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com> on 2015/05/01 03:51:42 UTC

[Q?] Undefined property in samples?

Hi Devs,

I am in the process of documenting the definitions that correspond to the
respective REST API resources (e.g., [1]). I noticed in the tomcat2.json
sample, which is located  in the
<STRATOS_SOURCE_HOME>/samples/cartridges/kubernetes/ directory, there was a
property named "name" under the "networkInterfaces" [1]. However, this
property was not listed in the
components/org.apache.stratos.common/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/common/beans/cartridge/NetworkInterfaceBean.java
file? Is this a mistake in the infoBean or is it a mistake in the samples?
I noticed this same issue in other samples as well.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Cartridge+Resource+Definition

[2]
{
    "type": "tomcat2",
    "provider": "apache",
    "category": "data",
    "host": "tomcat2.tomcat2.stratos.org",
    "displayName": "tomcat2",
    "description": "tomcat2 Cartridge",
    "version": "7",
    "multiTenant": "false",
    "portMapping": [
        {
            "protocol": "http",
            "port": "22",
            "proxyPort": "8280"
        }
    ],
    "deployment":{
           "baseDir":"/var/www"
    },
    "iaasProvider":[
        {
            "type":"kubernetes",
            "imageId":"stratos/cartridge:4.1.0-alpha",
            "networkInterfaces":[
            {
                "*name*":"network-non-routable",
                "networkUuid":""
            }
            ],
            "property":[
            ]
        }
    ]
}

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Re: [Q?] Undefined property in samples?

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Imesh and Raj, for your quick feedback!

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Lets remove it from the samples, to be compatible with 4.0.0 release.
Adding it to the backend is a schema change.

Thanks.

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Raj! IMO we need to either remove the name attribute from the
> samples or add it in the backend.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Imesh,
>>
>> networkUuid attribute is unique. So we don't need a name. We are not
>> using name attribute inside Stratos.
>>
>> However having name attribute  in cartridge JSON doesn't have any impact.
>> Stratos doesn't care whether we set name attribute  or not. I added name
>> attribute in samples for more clarity. We can remove.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> A good finding Mari! Yes this looks like a mistake. Name attribute is
>>> not there either in the network interface bean class or in the network
>>> interface backend class. @Raj: Do you have any thoughts on this?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>

>> --
>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>
>> Mobile : +94777568639
>> Blog : rajkumarr.com
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

> [...]

>> {
>>     "type": "tomcat2",
>>     "provider": "apache",
>>     "category": "data",
>>     "host": "tomcat2.tomcat2.stratos.org",
>>     "displayName": "tomcat2",
>>     "description": "tomcat2 Cartridge",
>>     "version": "7",
>>     "multiTenant": "false",
>>     "portMapping": [
>>         {
>>             "protocol": "http",
>>             "port": "22",
>>             "proxyPort": "8280"
>>         }
>>     ],
>>     "deployment":{
>>            "baseDir":"/var/www"
>>     },
>>     "iaasProvider":[
>>         {
>>             "type":"kubernetes",
>>             "imageId":"stratos/cartridge:4.1.0-alpha",

Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.