Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Moatasim Al Masri <ma...@bi-bst.com> on 2018/04/08 11:08:16 UTC

Closing Period

Hi

I have one period FY2017 [2017-01-01 TO 2017-12-31], so we need to close this period, when I closed it ,the system generate one GL transaction with two lines:

  1.  Gl Account Type = Retained Earnings            DR
  2.  Gl Account Type = Profit Loss                        CR
But what our accountant needs to this GL transactions should be as :

  1.  Gl Account Type = Retained Earnings            DR
  2.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  3.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  4.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  5.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  6.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  7.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  8.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  9.  Gl Account Type = Expense                           CR
  10. ....

That to be all expense starts zeros in the bigning 2018, is it right ?, and how we can configure in ofbiz if there is suitable solution ?

Best Regards,

Moatasim L. Al-Masri
Program Manager

P.O.Box 3516 Amman, 11821
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Tel.                     +962 (6) 556 2620
Mob (Jordan).   +962 79 5426384

/biict
@biict

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Mob (KSA).        +966 55 7885607

Re: RE: Closing Period

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Moatasim

Were there any changes or transactions showing in the GLAccountHistory for those expense accounts? This is supposed to record the opening and closing balances.

Thanks
Sharan

RE: Closing Period