Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Jaikit Jilka <jj...@leadferret.com> on 2016/09/28 17:12:48 UTC

Reading from AWS S3

Hello,

I am trying to read data from AWS S3. I am using S3InputModule operator for reading the data. I have given access key, secret access key, bucket name and path in the property in following format: s3n://accesskey:secretkey@bucketnemt/path. My bucket name is downloader-bucket. But when I run my application it is giving me an error saying bucket name should be between 3 and 63 character. I have checked my access key and secret key. I do not know what is the issue. Can anyone help me with this.

Thank you,

Jaikit Jilka

Re: Reading from AWS S3

Posted by Jaikit Jilka <jj...@leadferret.com>.
Hello,

I did not change the name of the bucket. But I changed the S3inputmodule operator. Now I am using a simple file reader operator and in the property I gave path to my bucket with access key and secret key and it is reading from my s3 bucket.

Thank you,

Jaikit jikla

  Bucket names must be a series of labels and separated by a single
period(.). So, Please create the bucket as "downloader.bucket".
  Please let us know, if this helps.

Regards,
Chaitanya

Re: Reading from AWS S3