Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 13:48:26 UTC

T4.1.1: Encoding problem with assets

I recently upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1.1, and have solved most problems except
one:

The inclusion of dojo and tapestry javascript libraries from the classpath
of tapestry-framework.jar doesn't work.
I've narrowed the problem down to encoding. When I try to open the script
file in the browser using http://localhost/myapp/assets/static/dojo/dojo.js,
the file is displayed, but with wrong encoding causing only strange
characters to appear.

My App.application file contains the following:

When I remove those 3 meta tags, the javascript is rendered as "us-ascii" in
the browser, but is still filled with bad characters.

I tried to replace the dojo part of the .jar file with the one that I
downloaded myself from dojotoolkit.org, which solved the problem. But
obviously not with the tapestry core js-files.

Does anyone know anything about this?