Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2007/01/14 22:02:21 UTC

Orders filters

Hi all,

Some time ago I commited in  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=472948 some changes. It was some new orders filters added to

Filter on Inventory and Authorisation Problems check boxes return in Find Orders & Order List screens
New options in Find Orders & Order List screens to filter POs on
. Past ETA
. Partially Received
. Rejected items
French and english corresponding  labels

Nobody complained but there is a pagination problem with those filters (when there are plenty of orders).

I thought about droping it all and discussed about with Jacopo and Jacopo suggested :
So we have two options for OFBiz:
1) remove (or comment out) the filters
2) using the 'filters' in a different way: instead of filtering the output, they should simply highlight it (with some yellow or red
box, for example); so the "filter on Inventory problems" should become something like "highlight orders with inventory problems"
#2 should be pretty easy to implement and in my opinion is a quick temp fix for the pagination issue that could be acceptable.What
do you think of these ideas?

Filter had and advantage : when there are a lot of orders it reduces the list. If we don't filter no more we loose this advantage.
But curing the pagination problem seems hard.
Also in my 1st attempt I did not split each filter and I thought it was missing. So I choosed a middle way.
I added a new (last) column "Filters" where are shown trigrams (3 letters) indicators for each filters.
For instance So might be "Inv, Aut" and PO "Eta, Par, Rej" (in english, will be internationalised)

I have just implemented this solution but now before commiting it I wonder what you folks think ?

Thanks

Jacques