Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by amardeep singh khera <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 12:58:50 UTC

Tika Issue

Hi Tika-dev,

I am facing a problem right now while using tika to browse a xlxs. Th thing
is  Iam able to extract the content of the xlsx but for some reason I want
to read the xlsx cell wise. I am using AutoDetectParser for this purpose but
not able to find a way to browse through the xlsx cell wise. Please Help

Thanks
Amardeep Singh Khera

RE: Tika Issue

Posted by "Jana, Kumar Raja" <kj...@ptc.com>.
Hi Amardeep,

Tika does not support Office 2007 documents as yet. .xlsx documents get
parsed as zip files and there is a lot of junk/unnecessary stuff thrown
in. Check out Tika-152. There is a patch already submitted but is not
yet integrated. If you plan to patch ur version with the fix submitted
then keep in mind that the Tika config and mime-types xml files need to
be updated properly.

-Kumar