Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Joe W <jr...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/29 05:39:30 UTC

xml schema extension

Hey there, I have a question that has been bugging me for some time and I
wonder if anyone could answer it for me, Im missing something for sure....
What I want to do is add a field in the schema metadata called 'icon' such
that an icon can be associated with a datatype from within the schema. The
icon is for the actual datatype and not the type instances.
What is the best way to do this??? It is hurting my brain because it seems I
have to write a schema file to extend the complexType and simpleType
particles and incorporate it with the xmlschema.xsd somehow...ouch.
Confused