Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sam Preston <j....@gmail.com> on 2006/02/01 17:57:08 UTC

logger as a Jini service?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has worked on an RMI-based logger that
might be modified to be used as a Jini service?

I have several programs running on different machines, and I'd like to
monitor all of them from a single computer.  If loggers registered
themselves with a lookup service, then my central logging program
wouldn't have to know which computer each was running on--it could
just browse the lookup service for the loggers I want to see, or
request all logger services.

Any thoughts / previous work in this area?

Thanks,

-Sam