Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jesse Norell <je...@kci.net.INVALID> on 2018/11/01 16:51:29 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] use cookie value as auth username

For the archives, should someone comes across this, the solution I
found was to use mod_auth_env, which worked to set REMOTE_USER from a
cookie value so AuthzDBDQuery could use that in the query.  From my
previous contrived example, it would look like:

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
  SetEnvIf Cookie "PHPSESSID=([^ ;]+)" phpsessid=$1
</IfModule>

<Directory "/whatever/">
  <IfModule mod_auth_env.c>
    AuthType Env
    AuthEnvUser phpsessid
  <
/IfModule>

  <RequireAll>
    Require env phpsessid
    Require dbd-group foo
  </RequireAll>

  # this now works, to set %s from PHPSESSID cookie:
  AuthzDBDQuery "SELECT 'foo' FROM sys_session WHERE session_id = %s"

</Directory>

--
Jesse Norell
Kentec Communications, Inc.