Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Leonardo Sapucaia <sa...@tivic.com.br> on 2015/02/15 12:55:45 UTC

TLF Editor / Docx compatible / PDF Export

HI,

A couple years ago I started to develop a TLF text editor with many
features found in MS Word, as header, footer, footnotes, and that could
export PDF files.

Despite finding few examples and open source projects, necessary for me to
be an area that had very little experience, I could code a reasonable
editor allowing pagination, headers and footers.

In the meantime I had to devote myself to other projects and I could not
quite finish the editor. Features such as footnotes and the generation of
PDFs were left unfinished.

Now I have to resume the project and since a long time passed, I wonder if
there is already some example or project that anyone here could show me.
Some reference so that I can use.

Need to generate PDF files from the TLF code (and may need to generate docx
too). Must also create a reference (marker) in text positions within the
TLF code (maybe a custom element?) which are linked to topics within the
footnotes block.

Could someone enlighten me?

Cheers,

Leonardo Sapucaia

Re: TLF Editor / Docx compatible / PDF Export

Posted by hferreira <hf...@gmail.com>.
@Leonardo Sapucaia

Did you manage to finish this task ?

--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: TLF Editor / Docx compatible / PDF Export

Posted by Leonardo Sapucaia <sa...@tivic.com.br>.
Hi,

@Scott Yes, I'm thinking about PurePDF to export documents in PDF. About
references (in my case, footnotes) how you did? I'm thinking about some
kind of custom element, but i couldn't implement that.

@Dave I'm not sure yet if I can generate docx files. I tried Apache POI for
that, but i couldn't generate pixel perfect files.

Leo Sapucaia

Atenciosamente,

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Scott Talsma <sc...@talsma.tv>.
I assume that PurePDF is on your radar?  I recently had to generated PDFs
in Arabic, and this worked really well.  The only thing that was a bit
tricky was automatic pagination.  If I recall correctly, it also did
references w/o issue.

It was pretty low-level; you could not give it HTML, and have it spit out
PDFs, you kinda have to manage everything, including fonts (embedded or
system).

On the upside, there is an example of how to do just about anything that it
is capable of, which is how I got Arabic working pretty quickly.

Scott