Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/29 05:53:12 UTC

New Bugzilla version: 1.0.2

Can a Bugzilla admin please add version 1.0.2 for Shale?

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: New Bugzilla version: 1.0.2

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

> On 3/28/06, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, this brings up an interesting point. The versions and milestones
> are
> > shared across all of the components of the Struts "product" in Bugzilla.
> > Right now, we have a version of "1.0.2 Final" because Struts 1.0.2 went
> GA.
> > We also have version numbers that include "Beta" and "RC". How do we
> want to
> > handle this? I think having both "1.0.2 Final" and "1.0.2 Alpha" would
> be
> > confusing to users, to say the least...
>
> Can we just rename "1.0.2 Final" to "1.0.2" ?

That seems like a reasonable approach.  Just did it.

"1.0.2 Final" was an artifact of when Struts first came out, before we
migrated to the current "x.y.z test build followed by a quality vote"
approach.

--
> Wendy

Craig

Re: New Bugzilla version: 1.0.2

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I agree (if it's even possible to rename), it would make the most
sense.  That leaves the status (GA, Alpha, Beta) to the actual
release, and not part of the issue tracker.  If there's any doubt,
one can always ping the list and ask.

--
James Mitchell

Re: New Bugzilla version: 1.0.2

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: New Bugzilla version: 1.0.2

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

> Can a Bugzilla admin please add version 1.0.2 for Shale?

Hmm, this brings up an interesting point. The versions and milestones are
shared across all of the components of the Struts "product" in Bugzilla.
Right now, we have a version of "1.0.2 Final" because Struts 1.0.2 went GA.
We also have version numbers that include "Beta" and "RC". How do we want to
handle this? I think having both "1.0.2 Final" and "1.0.2 Alpha" would be
confusing to users, to say the least...

Suggestions, anyone?

--
Martin Cooper