Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Douglas Leite <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 15:07:21 UTC

Business Processes Examples

I was wondering if anyone here knows a place where I can find an open source
real business process based in Web Services. If I could find a business
process that uses the Tuscany SCA technology, it would be better.

My idea is to adapt a business process based in WS to work with the SCA, and
apply the model that I have implemented for concurrent and distributed
exceptions (see more information at "[GSoC More Details about the Guardian
Model Implementation" conversation thread [1]), in order to test and
evaluate it. So, I need a distributed system with cooperative concurrency
between the participants, i.e., the participants work concurrently to
achieve a result; there is no common resources shared. We can think in a
composed service A, that invokes concurrently n services, and, as soon as
all the n services complete successfully their execution, the service A
combine the results to get their own result.

Thanks in advance,

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tuscany-dev/200908.mbox/%3C1462a2bc0908150657i120f8abexc1713e6fbe75c7e3@mail.gmail.com%3E#archives

--
Douglas Siqueira Leite
Graduate student at University of Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil

Re: Business Processes Examples

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Douglas Leite <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here knows a place where I can find an open source
> real business process based in Web Services. If I could find a business
> process that uses the Tuscany SCA technology, it would be better.
>
> My idea is to adapt a business process based in WS to work with the SCA, and
> apply the model that I have implemented for concurrent and distributed
> exceptions (see more information at "[GSoC More Details about the Guardian
> Model Implementation" conversation thread [1]), in order to test and
> evaluate it. So, I need a distributed system with cooperative concurrency
> between the participants, i.e., the participants work concurrently to
> achieve a result; there is no common resources shared. We can think in a
> composed service A, that invokes concurrently n services, and, as soon as
> all the n services complete successfully their execution, the service A
> combine the results to get their own result.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tuscany-dev/200908.mbox/%3C1462a2bc0908150657i120f8abexc1713e6fbe75c7e3@mail.gmail.com%3E#archives
>
> --

Tuscany has some BPEL examples using WS and also references to SCA
components. You could also look into Apache ODE for other BPEL
examples. You should be able to easily modify them to add your
distributed exception handling

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende