Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/12/02 23:35:27 UTC

Re[4]: Best practice for numerous javac calls?

Hello Dominique,

Thanks, that looks like it will work.  Where do I find <subant>?  I've
heard of the <foreach2> task.  Is that the same or different?

BTW, thanks so much for the <jaxb> task you wrote. :-)  Very nice. Are you
making any updates or anything to it?  Just wondering in case JAXB
changes and requires the task to be modified to fit it or something.

Jake

DD> Have you tried a recent build from CVS HEAD? Stefan has probably fixed
DD> that!?!? As a work around for Ant 1.5.1, I use a property to avoid
DD> re-taskdef'ing in the sub-build:

DD> --- master.xml ---
DD>   <target name="init" depends="-buildmagic">
DD>   </target>

DD>   <target name="-buildmagic" unless="-buildmagic-defined">
DD>     <property name="-buildmagic-defined" value="true" />
DD>   </target>

DD>   <target name="clean" depends="buildfiles, buildpath"
DD>           description="Deletes all the modules' compiled classes">
DD>     <subant buildpathref="buildpath">
DD>       <property name="-buildmagic-defined" value="true" />
DD>     </subant>
DD>   </target>

DD> --- subbuild.xml ---
DD>   <target name="init" depends="-buildmagic">
DD>   </target>

DD>   <target name="-buildmagic" unless="-buildmagic-defined">
DD>     <property name="-buildmagic-defined" value="true" />
DD>   </target>

DD> This technique got me rid of the re-reference warnings. --DD

Best regards,