Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Rai Ou <ou...@veritrans.co.jp> on 2003/11/13 02:06:48 UTC

Jboss + Velocity - Log4j [STDERR] errors.

I am using jboss-3.0.8_tomcat-4.1.24(with log4j default) + velocity1.3.1
I found there are a lot of STDERR messages in my Jboss console when
the tomcat load Velocity templates (templates is running and can be
seen from the broswer).

21:04:24,741 ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed
appender named [null].
21:04:24,742 ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed
appender named [null].
21:04:24,742 ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed
appender named [null].
21:04:24,743 ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed
appender named [null].
21:04:24,744 ERROR [STDERR] log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed
appender named [null].

* my velocity config is here :
runtime.log = /my_path/jboss/server/default/log/velocity.log
resource.loader = class
class.resource.loader.description = Velocity Classpath Resource Loader
class.resource.loader.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader

and I load this by my codes at loadConfigration(Servlet config) of the
VelocityServlet class.
{
        ServletContext context = config.getServletContext();
        /* Load Velocity Properties */
        String file = resource.getVelocityConfigration();
        URL url = Loader.getResource(file);
        Properties props = new Properties();
        props.load(url.openStream());
        return props;
}

* The log4j is used by default, I didn't chang that's config.

I don't know what's the trouble is so I send it to both Velocity and Log4j
mailing-list.
(Maybe I should send it to the Jboss group too.)

Any suggestions for fix or void the error messages ?

Re: Jboss + Velocity - Log4j [STDERR] errors.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 04:18 AM, Simon Christian wrote:

> Your Velocity configuration doesn't appear to be even using Log4j, so
> it seems doubtful that the problem is caused directly by Velocity.

It's possible.  Remember, Velocity will look for either logkit or log4j
in the classpath.

Is there any way to get log4j to tell us who's trying to append to the
closed appender?

geirm@optonline.net

Re: Jboss + Velocity - Log4j [STDERR] errors.

Posted by Simon Christian <si...@stoutstick.com>.