Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Artur Pydo <py...@eurobretagne.fr> on 1998/08/19 11:47:09 UTC

config/2873: Feedback/Comment on APACI

>Number:         2873
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Feedback/Comment on APACI
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

First, thank you all for all this good job you made since the beginning of the Apache Project.

My little opinion on APACI : The main drawback is that we must work with command line options.
In this case, if i have to come back to this configuration later and compile it again,
i have to remind what this command line exactly was. :(
So it was simpler for me to use the previous configuration style and edit Configuration.tmpl and have all these options already set.
-
>Fix:
The best solution for this problem, IMHO, is to provide a little user-friendly menu-based configuration program.
It may be text-mode based. No really need for tcl/tk or such.
A good example for that is the linux kernel configuration program that let you select
options and save your configuration file. Even if it looks better under Xwindow because you can see
all the options on one screen instead of seeing only one option at a time.
Thank you for your time.