Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/30 21:23:20 UTC

Re: jsGet_name

FYI

- Sam Ruby

---------------------- Forwarded by Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM on 05/30/2001
03:22 PM ---------------------------

Norris Boyd <nb...@atg.com> on 05/30/2001 01:30:36 PM

To:   Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject:  Re: jsGet_name

I just checked a fix into CVS.

Thanks,
Norris

Sam Ruby wrote: Sorry, wrong source file, I meant EventTargetWrapper.java.

So the removal of this public method is meant to be permanent?  I prefer
deprecation myself.

Yes, the tinderbox is public, though I must confess that I have written
very little in the way of documentation.  Take a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/.  It is under the umbrella of
the http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria/index.html project.

I took the machine down for the weekend due to the security concerns of
SourceForge and other sites, and am taking the opportunity to install the
latest versionf of the OS and the like.  It should be back up by tomorrow
night at the latest.

- Sam Ruby

Norris Boyd <nb...@atg.com> on 05/29/2001 09:42:51 AM

To:   Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc:
Subject:  Re:

Looks like someone may already have fixed this--I can't find any use of
jsGet_name in the indicated file. FWIW, a good substitute is to call
obj.get("name", obj).

Is your tinderbox project public? I've been trying to push the mozilla.org
tinderbox here, but something that was more tuned to Java and Ant would be
a better fit for us....

--N

Sam Ruby wrote: Norris,

I've been running a global tinderbox function across most of the of Java
Apache projects and their dependencies.  Lately, I've hit a problem
compiling the following module due to the removal of jsGet_name:

http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/script/rhino/RhinoInterpreter.java?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

If you would suggest an alternative which will work with the released
version of Rhino, I would appreciate it.

- Sam Ruby

Re: jsGet_name

Posted by Christophe Jolif <cj...@ilog.fr>.
Sam,

Thanks for the update. We will try to move to the subsitute as soon as I
get access back to repository.