Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bryan Haase <BH...@good-sam.com> on 2004/08/30 20:40:48 UTC

Spamcop Setup questions

I currently block email from postfix using Spamcop.net. Today our local cable company has become listed and now we are blocking everyone's personal email. Is it possible to run spamcop and give it score from spamassassin. I was able to locate some information but feel I missing some steps to implemente spamcop w/spamassassin. Can someone help me out and is there a downside to running spamcop w/spamassassin??

header RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET eval:check_rbl_txt('spamcop', 'bl.spamcop.net.')
describe RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
tflags RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET net

Thanks
Bryan

Re: Spamcop Setup questions

Posted by Bill Larson <bl...@compu.net>.
You should be whitelisting your mail server. Something like

whitelist_from_rcvd *@domain.com domain.com

  I currently block email from postfix using Spamcop.net. Today our local cable company has become listed and now we are blocking everyone's personal email. Is it possible to run spamcop and give it score from spamassassin. I was able to locate some information but feel I missing some steps to implemente spamcop w/spamassassin. Can someone help me out and is there a downside to running spamcop w/spamassassin??

  header RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET eval:check_rbl_txt('spamcop', 'bl.spamcop.net.')
  describe RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
  tflags RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET net

  Thanks
  Bryan

  This email transmission and any documents, files or previous

  email messages attached to it may contain information that is

  confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended

  printing, distributing or use of this transmission is strictly

  prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,

  please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return

  email and delete the original transmission and its attachments

  without reading or saving in any manner.

  The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society.

Re: Spamcop Setup questions

Posted by kaiser suse <ei...@mainphrame.com>.
Ryan Moore said:

> I don't use Postfix myself, but I'd imagine there is a way you could
> whitelist the cable companies IP ranges.

on the postfix side, you could easily remove the spamcop test from the
postfix config, or alternatively, override the rbls using the access list,
or parameters such as mynetworks.

fm

Re: Spamcop Setup questions

Posted by Ryan Moore <ry...@perigee.net>.
Bryan Haase wrote:
> I currently block email from postfix using Spamcop.net. Today our local
> cable company has become listed and now we are blocking everyone's
> personal email. Is it possible to run spamcop and give it score from
> spamassassin. I was able to locate some information but feel I missing
> some steps to implemente spamcop w/spamassassin. Can someone help me out
> and is there a downside to running spamcop w/spamassassin??
>
> header RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET eval:check_rbl_txt('spamcop',
> 'bl.spamcop.net.')
> describe RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
> tflags RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET net
>
> Thanks
> Bryan

I don't use Postfix myself, but I'd imagine there is a way you could
whitelist the cable companies IP ranges.

Ryan Moore
----------
Perigee.net Corporation
704-849-8355 (sales)
704-849-8017 (tech)
www.perigee.net

Re: Spamcop Setup questions

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 01:40:48PM -0500, Bryan Haase wrote:
> personal email. Is it possible to run spamcop and give it score from
> spamassassin. I was able to locate some information but feel I missing
> some steps to implemente spamcop w/spamassassin. Can someone help me
> out and is there a downside to running spamcop w/spamassassin??

Sure.  Set a score for RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET.  :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform." - Unknown

RE: Spamcop Setup questions

Posted by Matthew Thomas <mt...@biocontrolsys.com>.

Oops, sorry, that wasn't what you were asking for.

-MT

RE: Spamcop Setup questions

Posted by Matthew Thomas <mt...@biocontrolsys.com>.
--------------------

Bryan,

You can get more info here: http://surbl.org/

You'll need to install the perl module Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamCopURI

Then you'll need to put the rules in a .cf file.

The regular spamcop rule is:

uri       SPAMCOP_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('sc.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in spamcop database at
sc.surbl.org
tflags    SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  net

score     SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  4.0

Just reset the score if you want it to be ignored.

Regards,
Matt